Account means a unique account created for You to access our Services or parts of our Services.
Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
Device means any device that can access the Services such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
Do Not Track (DNT) is a concept that has been promoted by US regulatory authorities, in particular the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC), for the Internet industry to develop and implement a mechanism for allowing internet users to control the tracking of their online activities across websites.
Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual. For the purposes of the CCPA/CPRA, Personal Data means any information that identifies, relates to, describes or is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with You.
Sensitive Personal Information: Sensitive Personal Information ("SPI) is a subset of PI that requires greater security protections and standards of care in handling. SPI is defined as information that if lost, compromised, or disclosed, could result in substantial harm, embarrassment, or unfairness to an individual.
Services refers to services available on this website.
Site means this website.
Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Services or from the Services infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
You / Your refers to the individual accessing or using the Services, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Services, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using our Services, we may ask You to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
• Email address
• First name and last name
• Phone number
• Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
• Usage Data
Sensitive Personal Information
We may collect Sensitive Personal Information with regard to applications for employment, or during the course of employment with Tecolote. This data is only used for the purpose of the employee-employer relationship and is not shared.
Sensitive Personal Information may include, but is not limited to:
• Government-issued identifying numbers e.g. driver's license, passport, or social security number
• Genetic data
• Precise geolocation
• Race or ethnicity
• Religious or philosophical beliefs
• The contents of a user's mail, email, or text messages (unless your business is the intended recipient)
• Biometric data, when collected for the unique identification of a user
• Health data, when collected and analyzed
• Sexual orientation, when collected and analyzed
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Services. Usage Data may include information such as Your Device's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Services by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Site or when You access the Services by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
Cookies can be "Persistent" or "Session" Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on Your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close Your web browser.
We use both session and persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
Necessary / Essential Cookies
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with Services available through the Site and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the Services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and we only use these Cookies to provide You with those Services.
Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Site, such as remembering Your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter Your preferences every time You use the Site.
Our Use of Your Personal Data
Tecolote may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
• To provide and maintain our Services, including to monitor the usage of our Services.
• To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Services. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Services that are available to You as a registered user.
• For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or Services You have purchased or of any other contract with us through the Services.
• To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application's push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted Services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
• To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, Services and events which we offer that are similar to those that You have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
• To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to us.
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
• With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with third party Service providers (“Service Providers”) to monitor and analyze the use of our Services, for payment processing, to contact You.
• For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
• With business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, Services or promotions.
• With other users: When You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside.
Retention of Your Personal Data
Tecolote will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Services, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, Tecolote may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
Tecolote may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- • Comply with a legal obligation
- • Protect and defend the rights or property of Tecolote
- • Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services
- • Protect the personal safety of Users of the Services or the public
- • Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Detailed Information on the Processing of Your Personal Data
Service Providers have access to Your Personal Data only to perform their tasks on Our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Services.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Services. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy
We may use Your Personal Data to contact You with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to You. You may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
We may use Email Marketing Service Providers to manage and send emails to You.
Sitefinity by Progress
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we may use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
Your Rights under the CCPA/CPRA
If You are a resident of California, You have the following rights:
- • The categories of Personal Data collected
- • The sources from which the Personal Data was collected
- • The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the Personal Data
- • Categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Data
- • The specific pieces of Personal Data we collected about You
Exercising Your CCPA/CPRA Data Protection Rights
In order to exercise any of Your rights under the CCPA/CPRA, and if You are a California resident, You can email us at [email protected] or call us at (805) 324-6974. Tecolote may ask You8 to provide information sufficient to confirm your identity such as Your name, email address, and information about your interactions with us. Tecolote will acknowledge Your request within 10 days and will disclose and deliver or delete the required information free of charge within the required time period.
"Do Not Track" Policy as Required by California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
Our Site does not respond to Do Not Track signals. However, some third-party websites do keep track of Your browsing activities. If You are visiting such websites, You can set Your preferences in Your web browser to inform websites that You do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable DNT by visiting the preferences or settings page of Your web browser.
Your California Privacy Rights
(California's Shine the Light law)
Under California Civil Code Section 1798 (California's Shine the Light law), California residents with an established business relationship with us can request information once a year about sharing their Personal Data with third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. If You'd like to request more information under the California Shine the Light law, and if You are a California resident, You can contact us using the contact information provided below.
California Privacy Rights for Minor Users (California Business and Professions Code Section 22581)
California Business and Professions Code section 22581 allow California residents under the age of 18 who are registered users of online sites, Services or applications to request and obtain removal of content or information they have publicly posted. To request removal of such data, and if You are a California resident, You can contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with Your account. Be aware that Your request does not guarantee complete or comprehensive removal of content or information posted online and that the law may not permit or require removal in certain circumstances.
Links to Other Websites
By email: [email protected]
By phone number: (805) 324-6974
By mail: Tecolote Research, Inc., Attn: Privacy Administrator, 420 S. Fairview Ave., Ste. 201, Goleta, CA 93117